Save time by generating all the source code you need for the Activity, Fragment with Google Map, resource XML and build files.
Android Studio's generated Map Activity is hard-coded to zoom to and mark a pre-defined location in Australia.
This web site's Map Fragment can show a marker (with title) at any geo-location you configure, or the user's location with periodic updates.
The generated zip file includes:
Google Maps Android API: In the Google Developer Console (https://console.developers.google.com) Ensure that the "Google Maps Android API v2" is enabled. Ensure that the following Android Key exists: API Key: <YOUR_KEY>
Here are screenshots of an example app, with a blue marker at the user location, and a video of a MapView with a marker at a pre-configured location.
– Use app package name for preference file name
– LocationRetriever can request location permissions
– Removed redundant class casts
– Improved location retrieval and map handling
Upgraded the generated build files per Migrate to Android Plugin for Gradle 3.0.0
– Referenced Google repository in project build.gradle
– Removed deprecated buildToolsVersion from module build.gradle
– Raised compileSdkVersion and targetSdkVersion to 27
– Raised versions of SDK Tools Support libraries to 27.1.1
– Referenced SDK Tools Play Services libraries at version 15.0.1
– Changed "compile" dependency keyword to "implementation"
– Changed "testCompile" dependency keyword to "testImplementation"
– Removed the copyright and license references from the comment headers of generated Java classes
– MapHandler can manage and display collections of map markers
– Added error handling when moving the camera on the Google Map
– On request, MapHandler changes the map type (examples: geometric, satellite, terrain)
– On request, MapHandler provides a reference to its GoogleMap
– Replaced the GNU General Public License with a new End User License Agreement
– Added more checks for permission before requesting user location
– Show the map compass when the map is rotated
– Show the map toolbar when a map marker is clicked
– Changed the user location marker color to blue
– Fixed errors requesting permissions and handling the result
– Removed option of the SupportMapFragment; now only supports MapView
– Added configurable location updates interval
– Added option of marker at specified latitude and longitude, with text label, instead of marker at user location with automatic updates
– Initial release
As of Version 2.0 of all mobile application templates, the GNU General Public License has been retired in favor of an End User License Agreement (EULA) that more accurately reflects the nature of proprietary software that is available by subscription.
In summary, the EULA grants Licensees ownership of and permission to use and sell all End Products generated from the downloaded Software, but you are restricted from re-distributing or reselling the Software itself, except as packaged in the End Products as needed to make them functional.
Please read the EULA in full. A copy is included in each generated Android Studio project, and referenced in the comment header of each Java source file. The retired GNU General Public License is archived here for your reference.
Please send any questions to